THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Sunday, May 10, 2009

VIRGINIA GREATER SHOWS-1957

My friend Howard, Delmar Dust Pan Blog, just happened to post
this ad one day last week.
Virginia Greater Shows was out of Suffolk, VA and came up Rt 13 on the Delmarva
Pennisula every year right up into the 1960's.
Then in the late summer played the same route back down to Virginia for the fair season.
One Fair they played for years was the Great Keller Virginia Fair, about 60 miles south of Salisbury, MD where I grew up.
My Dad would take Bill and I down there almost every year.
It was a little country fair with horse racing, no betting, yeah I bet!!
If by chance anyone has any material about that show I would love to post it here.
I remember Bill took quite a few pictures of the show and sold the negatives to Bill Van Winkle.

1 comment:

  1. Rocco Masucci , Owner of The Virginia Greater was My Grandfathers First Cousin. I'am looking for Memorabilia/Stories of the Carnival. F Priam
    anfrnkie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN