THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Sunday, September 20, 2009

DICK'S VISIT TO THE YORK FAIR

Angela, Bill & Mr Froelich, manager of the York Fair


Dick & JoAnne Wilson

The Arena


Billy & Joanne



Memorial Hall as I left. What a crowd waiting for the second show!

Well I finally got to visit a show after 6 years!
And I couldn't have picked a better one!
The Hanneford Circus had a unit at the York Fair, York, PA.
Billy Martin was unit manager and of course Singing Ringmaster.
It was GREAT to relive so many memories, I just wish I could have visited longer.
Joanne Wilson and Pee Wee were there helping Joanne's daughter Kim Sue in the concessions.
Dwight Hansen, Longtime Hanneford Superintendent was there.
I got to meet Travis Martin, Billy's son, who was born when Bill and I had the concessions on the Cole Show. He's the Electrician and sound man on the show.
The show's line up consisted of--
Opening--Billy Martin
Smirnoff's Quick-Change
Bertini Unicycles
Angela Martin, as beautiful as ever, Trapeze.
Panilova's Trained House Cats
Roger on the Trampoline (Bertini)
Garcia Family's Globe of Death
Finale!
The show is timed out at about 45 minutes.
The House was standing room only.
It was presented in Memorial Hall, on the fairgrounds, and Hanneford's provided
the portable seats from their Adventureland Unit.
The show was very well received with lots of smiles on the blow-off.
I managed to get a few shots before I left.



No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN