THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

ZIPPOS CIRCUS

From Laura's London Travel Blog

Zippos Circus
2010Tuesday April 6, 2010
I'll say it loud, I'll say it proud: I love the circus! And to be more specific I love Zippos Circus. I had a brilliant afternoon yesterday seeing the latest show from Zippos Circus: Encore! which will tour the UK till November 2010.
Their famous ringmaster, Norman Barrett MBE (got his Queen's honor this year) is such a professional it just takes me back to childhood trips to the circus (and he has been doing this for 60 years so it probably was him I saw then!) I also love his performing budgies and everyone around me was laughing at how excited I was waiting for his act.
So yes, Zippos Circus includes animals but we're talking beautifully groomed horses and Norman's birds, not zoo animals. The show does have other traditional circus elements including clowns, juggling, trapeze skills and high wire walking. The girls in the show seem even stronger this year and the new Chinese male balancing act, Ying and Yang, are incredible. The award for most jaw-dropping daredevils goes to The Marinhos with their Wheel of Death act. This father and son team are outstanding and have to be seen to be believed.
Tickets are priced from only £6 and are always cheaper to book online. I had ringside seats as I was with preschool children and we could feel the whoosh as the horses sped past! The show lasts over 2 hours (with an interval) and is better value than children's theatre, and the adults will enjoy themselves more too. Laura's London Travel Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN