THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Monday, July 12, 2010

CIRCUS JUVENTAS....


Teen flies high with the circus
Olivia Rasmussen, 16, of Orono, keeps in shape through performing and learning at Circus Juventas.
By SHEILA ELDRED, Star Tribune
July 11, 2010

OPENING ACT In fifth grade, my whole class came to a show at Circus Juventas (youth circus). They announced anyone could sign up, and five of us started doing it. I got to say, "I'm part of the circus." I thought that was really awesome.
LETTING GO In that first class we did Spanish webs, juggling, tumbling, silks, low-wire and multiple and triple trapezes. I liked the aerial aspect. I used to be terrified of heights. The first time I was trying to fall off backwards from the bungee trapeze, I was just standing there. It was all in my head -- if I think too much, I can't let go. One of my friends said, "Think about jelly beans." I thought about it and it helped me relax and laugh, and I actually did let go that class.
THE ROUTINE Now I'm here five days a week, usually from 4 or 5 p.m. until 9:15. My favorite classes are silks, triangle trapeze and aerial hammock. All the things I do are aerial.
read more at:http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/98199269.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ

CIRCUS JUVENTAS
Coming up: A production of "Sawdust," a salute to the origins of the modern-day circus.
When: July 29-Aug. 15
Where: Circus Juventas, 1270 Montreal Av., St. Paul.
Tickets: Available through Ticketworks at http://www.ticket/ works.com or 612-343-3390 or by calling Circus Juventas: 651-699-8229.
Cost: Adults $15-$25; ages 10 and under and 65 and older $12.50 to $25.
Website: http://www.circus/ juventas.org

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN