THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TIPPACANOE COUNTY FAIR OPENS...

Emily Holder (left), Ava Holder and Myles Sturgeon ride the Frog Hopper Monday at the Tippecanoe County 4-H Fair. (By Jamie Lynn Chevillet/Journal & Courier)

Rides bring fairgoers around and around
By LIZ SCHRADER • eschrader@jconline.com • July 20, 2010
While livestock and 4-H projects are the central themes of the Tippecanoe County 4-H fair, the rides are what draw thrill seekers young and old.
According to carnival supervisor Andrew Schoendienst, there will be approximately 20 carnival rides at the fair this year with the Avalanche being one of the most popular.For those looking to save, today and Saturday present opportunities to save with special pricing.The Journal & Courier went to the fair to see what rides fairgoers liked best, with the Storm being a crowd favorite.Jacob Rothenberger, 13 -- Lafayette: "I like the Avalanche because it spins you around a lot and it's fun to go on."from jconline.comKendall Jero, 17-- Lafayette: "My favorite ride is Storm. It's kind of like a scrambler, it's really fast which is what I like about it.Blake Nydegger, 9 and Karissa Nydegger, 10, -- Dayton: "The Himalaya is my favorite ride. I like it because it goes around and around and gets faster. It's really fun," said Blake.Karissa preferred slower rides and liked the Avalanche."The Avalanche is slow at times, and when it drops you its really fun," she said.James Horn,18 -- Romney: "Storm is my favorite because it's awesome and it's rough. I try to go on it whenever I can."Jennifer Mills, 10 -- Lafayette: "I like Storm and how it spins you around. The first time I went on it I threw up. I was relaxed when I was riding on it, but then when I got off I didn't feel good."

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN