THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Jonathan Storm: Dazzling Kennett Square duo in 'Circus'
A PBS documentary illuminates the artistry of the juggling LaSalle twins and other performers.



By Jonathan Storm
Inquirer Television Critic
It all started at Hersheypark 15 years ago. Little Jake LaSalle saw some jugglers there.

"A couple of days later," he said in an interview, "I went to an apple orchard with my mother, and I taught myself to juggle with apples, and I remember racing home and teaching my brother. I mean it only took me five or 10 minutes to learn."

Surgery might be a little harder, but if Jake, who is now in medical school, ever gets as good at that as he is at juggling, you'd be smart to call him before you let anyone else do the cutting.

Jake and Marty LaSalle, identical twins from Kennett Square, are one of the acts in the new PBS documentary Circus, which premieres Wednesday on WHYY TV12 from 9 to 11 p.m. The six-hour show will air two hours a night for the following two Wednesdays.

It's a surprisingly uplifting bit of television, going behind the scenes in a world that's frequently thought to be filled with misfits and underachievers, people who lack the skills to make it in "real life."

"My mother always told me if you want to act like a clown, join the circus," says one of the members of the ring crew (what civilians might call a roustabout). "But I never thought that I'd actually do it."
Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20101102_Jonathan_Storm__Dazzling_Kennett_Square_duo_in__Circus_.html#ixzz147Z9Q1AA

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN