THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Moscow Circus' biggest fan visits Ballarat event


ROLL UP: Brian Porter came from Geelong to see his 53rd Moscow Circus show.


BY JORDAN OLIVER


19 Jun, 2011, from: www.thecourier.com.au


GEELONG'S Brian Porter has a fair claim to being the Moscow Circus’ biggest fan.The 56 year old has visited the Moscow circus a staggering 53 times – a feat achieved over 40 years.
Mr Porter made the trip to Ballarat at the weekend to catch three shows back-to-back, but according to him, it was all in a day’s work.
“I’ve been a great fan of the Moscow circus for a long time,” he said.
“Last year I went to Tassie to see it – I flew one weekend and it was that good that I flew back the next weekend.”
Mr Porter flew to Sydney to catch the circus in March and has chased it all around Melbourne’s suburbs in the months since.
“After this, I’m going to Adelaide to see it,” he said.
He said his first visit to the circus was “going back ages”.
“I would say my first circus was at the age of probably about 16 or 17,” he said.
“I’m 56 going on 57 in two weeks’ time.”
While undoubtedly a strong performer at the circus ticket booth, Mr Porter also hones his other talents when he’s not watching the death-defying stunts under the big-top.
“I study, plus I play sport with the Special Olympics – I do ten-pin bowling and I’m going to do swimming training in October,” he said.
And the best part of the Moscow Circus?
“If I left anything out, I would be leaving the good part out,” Mr Porter said.
“The whole lot is good, but I would say probably the motorbikes. I’ve seen a lot of circuses, but I reckon it would be the best circus I’ve seen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN