THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Sunday, July 10, 2011

Branson circus show is 'all fantasy'


A performer with Cirque Montage rides a unique set of rails. Globe Dave Woods

By Dave Woods

July 8, 2011

BRANSON Mo. — “I really liked it,” Angie Ratcliff, a 33-year old Oklahoma City resident said during the intermission of “Cirque Montage,” a Branson show styled after Cirque du Solieil, a series of worldwide theatrical hits. “My favorite part was the cute man who balanced on his hands.”
While Ratcliff said she enjoyed the noted performer’s skill and balancing prowess, she admitted she enjoyed his biceps, too. “I especially liked it when he took off his shirt. That was a great part.”
When Ratcliff purchased “Cirque Montage” tickets, she didn’t know what she and her mother were getting into.
“This isn’t what I expected,” she said of the Starlite Theatre show, now in its second season. “I thought ‘Just another circus.’ It’s more than that. I saw something like it in Vegas, but it’s good to see it here, too.”
“It’s funny,” said Ratcliff’s mother, Sandra Brawley, 55. “I love it.”
One “Montage” character, Raven, made an impression on Brawley.
“I really liked (Raven) with all of the feathers,” she said. “She’s so funny.”

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN