THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Friday, August 19, 2011

BILL PICKETT VISITS


THE CIRCUS CITY FESTIVAL. PERU, IN


AUGUST 10, 2011--PART I




Was able to visit Peru, Ind, Aug.10, and my first stop was Circus City Festival Inc grounds. I had the good fortune to meet Tim Bessignano, Museum & Exhibits VP, who was working in the Wagon Shop. I first spied the Steam Calliope and truck, and Tim confirmedthat this was the steam calliope I had last seen in Aug of 1993, at CHF, also in Peru, Ind. The calliope was acquired , and has been fullly restored, by CCFI. It is operational, and has been converted to propane fuel. I believe that this calliope was on King BrosCircus in 1936.














Tim showed me Cole Bros wagon #18, which has been restored by CCFI. This wagon was on Christy Bros Circus, and wasacquired from the Paul Kelly farm, also in Peru. Photos #5 & 6










Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN