THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Wednesday, December 14, 2011


LETTER SEEKING INFORMATION

MAYBE SOME ONE OUT THERE COULD HELP!

Dear Mr. Dykes--

My name is George Everson of Lynchburg, Virginia.

I found your websites via MItra World on the web during a web search I am doing.

Mr. Dykes I am a big fan of the circus, particularly of the aerial acts.

I greatly enjoyed the late Bill Strong’s site, “Yesterday’s Towns” while he was still able to edit it. I know his loss is a great blow to many.

The reason I am writing is that many years ago, (i.e. the 70’s) in Pittsburgh, WTAE Channel 4 ran a morning children’s show where some very fantastic circus films were shown. Two acts in particular caught my eye and I have spent a lot of time since then attempting to see if they are on the net or if anyone knows who they are. Regretfully the films did not come with any indications of who these performers were.

The first act was a combination cradle act and hanging perch act which featured two men. What I found notable was the fantastic neck spin they finished their act with.

The second act was an unusual three man hanging perch act again I noted two tricks which stood out to me—namely a foot to heel hang by two of the performers and again the fantastic neck spin at the end.

In both cases by the way the acts were unusual in that they were male duos and trios.

I know this is very little to go on but if anything in these descriptions sounds familiar I would like to know first what the names of these performers were and secondly if there are any films in existence of their performances.I can be contacted at email@rivermont.org or at george@rivermont.org.Again thank you for any help you can provide in my search.Very sincerely,George Everson,Lynchburg, Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN