THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Friday, May 4, 2012

ZERBINI FAMILY CIRCUS
DOVER, DE--MAY 3, 2012
BY THE BALLOONMAN


Yesterday I had a Doctor's appointment at 1:10pm.
So after that I decided to ride down to Spence's Bazaar, which is
right in Downtown Dover.
I was hoping to find someone around the lot to talk to.
The only person I saw with the show was a gentleman that appeared to be
a working man. I had to take these from inside the car.
I asked him to come over but he cussed me out before I could explain to
him what I wanted!
He seemed to be worried that I might have taken his picture.
So I took what pictures I could.
Today the show moved to Rock Hall, MD. about a 40 mile jump from here.

They are playing some more dates in the area next week.
Maybe I'll get a chance to try again!

I should have know better as that time frame I know, from experience,
that most showfolk are napping!
Especially since they were tearing down last night.

Pony Ride Ponies
I'm sorry, but at least I got these pictures!

There wasn't much advertising at all ahead of the show.
And nothing on show days!
I only saw a small community events notice in one of the local weekly papers.
I'll have to ask around and see how attendence was.
I did have a few locals ask me if I knew what time the shows were.


 
Posted by Picasa
I beleive this is Alain Z erbini's Motor coach.

1 comment:

  1. How dare they cuss out a famous blogger like you Mr. Bill.
    Well we can cut this circus off our go and see list.
    That is one thing you never heard on Circus Vargas as Cliff did not permit that or you were gone.
    As always bill a super job on yor great blog.
    Harry in Texas

    ReplyDelete


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN