THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Thursday, November 1, 2012

CAN YOU HELP THIS LADY?

 
Posted by Picasa
ROYAL ICE PALACE REVUE
ROYAL AMERICAN SHOWS-1940's
I received this e-mail yesterday.
 Daisy Mae 5:10pm Oct 30 
I have started a Facebook Page in gathering and sharing information about my birth mother's ice skating career. She was a professional skater on the Royal Ice Palace Revue of the Royal American Show in 1940-1941. She was one of the first to skate on Iceolite.
I will be posting many photos from her scrapbooks. I have newspaper clippings and articles about many "vintage' skating act, skaters and R.A.S. show people and of course my mother Charlotte Stempniak, billed as “Rhythm on Ice"
If you are interested in this 1940 era of ice skating or carnival, perhaps know some of the people mentioned, please visit my new Facebook page, Skates on a Suitcase.
Right now I am researching Lion Dromes, Walter, Marjorie and Bill Kemp Thrill Arena and my mom's sweet heart from the show, "George Murray"
George was a thrill rider and the lion trainer, and after the war he had his own Lion Drome. Did anyone in your family know George? He rode from the late 1930’s till the 1970’s. He passed away in 1984. He worked on a few shows, but primarily James Strates and Royal American Show.
www.facebook.com/pages/Skates-on-a-Suitcase/460384527334810

1 comment:

  1. Dick.
    Thank You for sharing my FB page.
    Stop by Skates on the Suitcase, have over 100 vintage carnival photos to post.

    ReplyDelete


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN