THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Wednesday, December 12, 2012


Bay City's Joel Tacey is head and shoulders above the crowd

 
Posted by Picasa
Jeff SchrierJoel Tacey, of Bay City is a magician and stilt walker who performs at schools, libraries and special events.
from: mlive.com
By Pati LaLonde | For Mlive.com
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
BAY CITY, MI — Meet Joel Tacey, 34, of Bay City, a stilt performer and owner of Joel Tacey's Tiptop Entertainment.
How did you become stilt performer?
I began performing as a magician and juggler. These are perfect for family shows, but I wanted to add a strolling act to my repertoire. What's the coolest strolling entertainment I could think of? It occurred to me that I never met a stilt performer. I've seen them in the circus or on TV or I saw them in books and you hear stories about them. I never met someone who performed on stilts for a living. I thought that's what I”m going to do, I'm going to add stilt walking to my entertainment. A family friend of ours owns Current Construction up in Gaylord, where I lived at the time. I borrowed a set of dry wall stilts from him. I walked around my parents garage holding onto the gutter. That way I could walk around freely and if I started to tip over I could just grab the gutter. After a couple days of doing that I got brave enough, and I started walking around our neighborhood on stilts. That's the first time it hit me I could really offer this as entertainment. Wherever I went strangers, neighbors, would come up to me and laugh and joke around with me. It was appealing to adults and kids. Everyone just got a big kick out of it.
read more:
http://www.mlive.com/living/bay-city/index.ssf/2012/12/neighbor_joel_tacey_is_head_an.html

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN