THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bob Cox



Here's a guy that's been around. Bob Cox at the Texas State Fair in 1988 (Top) and 1989 Bottom with punch balls. I bet he had a tangled mess!
I remember about that time Bill and I were playing a little fair, Gratz, PA and we had a gin pole set up full of punch balls. We filled them with dry beans so that they rattled.
Well right next to our joint was a cotton candy trailer. One day the sun was shinning brightly and started popping our punch balls on the pole!
Well those beans would go flying and right next to us was a popcorn trailer. We drove that kid in the popcorn nuts that afternoon. He couln't figure out what was making the pinging noice on the side of his trailer! hahahaha!

1 comment:

  1. 20 some-odd years ago, I was doing the marketing/promotions for Bob Commerford's GIANT PET EXPO.

    Billy Commerford and Mark Dalke had the novelty stand; this one Saturday the crowds were big and the guys were running low on punch balls. I jump in to help but I've never inflated punch balls before and the guys were too busy to help me. Bob arrives at the building and sees me and all my thumbs--he jumps in, too, and gives me a lesson.

    Bob Commerford know everything about everything in show business.

    PS I never knew the dried beans were the noise makers. Hilarious story about the neighboring popper, I can see you and Bill just chuckling.

    ReplyDelete


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN