THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FROM DAVID P ORR---THIS MORNING

David Orr commented on your wall post:
"Didn't know Roberts Bros. had and arena cat act....remember Connie Dam and Dick Stuart with their cats....But, never and arena act on the show....Learn something new everyday thanks to circus blogs..."
"Dick Dykes Rocks! Have a Center Ring Birthday..........."


From my Facebook Page


THANK YOU MR ORR!


I remenber when Connie and Helga had their leashed

cat act. In fact it was the last one they (Roberts Bros.) ever had,

due to an accident and insurance costs.

As for my Birthday I'd just as soon forget it!

But I appreciate your thinking of Me!

Dick

1 comment:

  1. Actually, that's not true. Roberts Bros did some dates for Ron Morris (which is probably what these pictures are from. Ron brought in a cage act. Although I can clearly picture the act, I don't remember the guy's name. He also brought in Ben Williams and the Anna Mae solo, along with the 3 act.

    ReplyDelete


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN