THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Thursday, December 20, 2012

25-year-old ringmaster lives dream of leading circus

 
Posted by Picasa
David Shipman is just 25, but he's already a ringmaster for the Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus.
By Janis Fontaine,Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
from:  pbpulse.com
December 20, 2012
“What kid doesn’t dream of running away to join the circus?” Ringmaster David Shipman asks.
When Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey brings The Greatest Show On Earth to the Palm Beach County Convention Center Tuesday, it will be the fulfillment of a dream for 25-year-old Shipman of Pensacola.
“I’ve come full circle,” Shipman said by phone before rehearsals for the new show. “I fell in love with the circus when I saw my first show as a kid.”
Now he’s the newest ringmaster for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Holiday Circus Spectacular.
“On top of getting the audience charged up for the show, I introduce my family of performers. They are so talented I hope I can do them justice.”
For Shipman, the best part of his new job is that “I get to see them perform every night, and I love to see the faces of the kids who are bouncing up and down in their seats in anticipation.” Shipman knows just how they feel.
read more:
http://www.pbpulse.com/news/entertainment/25-year-old-ringmaster-lives-dream-of-leading-circ/nTYkQ/

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN