THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Saturday, June 1, 2013


Circus starts the summer off in style
 
Posted by Picasa
from:  greenbaypressgazette.com
by Mary Anderson
May 31, 2013
It turned into an exciting weekend when I was invited to go to the Shrine Circus with my son and his six children. I haven’t been to a circus since I was about 5 years old.
I don’t know who had more fun, Grandma (that’s me) or the kids! Having just watched the movie “Water for Elephants,” I was interested in how the whole thing ran behind the scenes. The whole crew was outstanding and we sure got a chuckle when the camels decided to wander off from the ring. The little ones especially enjoyed meeting the Shriner clowns, and getting their faces painted.
We also managed to pack in mini-golf, two fishing outings, a trip to Maifest, and a campfire on the weekend. Summer is now officially started at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN