THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Thursday, August 7, 2008

Von Bros Circus 1967

The following Pictures were taken in 1967.
This was the final season, which closed early, of the show.
The owner Henry Vonderheid passed away on opening day.
Henry visited my brother the winter before the show opened and was
really proud of this edition. It's a shame he didn't live to see the show up and moving.
Henry also owned a Wild Animal Farm just out side Dallas, PA, It was called the Red Rock Wild Animal Farm and was quite a tourist attraction there for many years. He had owned the show for many years. And purchased a lot of equipment, including part of the Hunt Bros Elephant Herd, from Harry Hunt. Most of the semis that are painted with pictorials were from that show.
Especially the snub nosed Chevies.
I hope you enjoy these pictures they are from my brothers collection but I don't know who snapped them.
I also have have some Von Bros pictures from the fifties which I will post later.

2 comments:

  1. Love your Page. I just read "Water for Elephants" about a Circus in the Depression and your blog creates the same interest for me. Love the WC Fields' Clip! and must look out for The First of May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Michele. The First of May is available from amazon.com
    I appeciate your comment and hope that I may be able to light some more fires among more folks to become circus fans!

    ReplyDelete


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN