THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Wednesday, May 12, 2010

BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY

From www.chroniclejournal.comThunder Bay, Canada
Letters to the Editor
This isn‘t the Shrine Circus I used to attendTuesday, May 11, 2010

Just taking my 2 1/2-year-old to the Shrine Circus for the first time I could not believe how disappointed I was. I felt the whole time there that this is definitely not the same as when I was younger.
I understand change and I know how it is for fundraising, but if the Shrine Circus wants to keep this as an annual circus I really feel they need to look at their performance, because truthfully they are really not child-oriented.
My child, who has probably one of the best attention spans any two-year-old could possibly have, was having a hard time watching the show.
Children want animals and exciting entertainment.
Don‘t get me wrong, the performances were OK, but not child-oriented.
And is that not who draws the most fundraising?
As a parent I will not be returning to the circus unless it gets a huge overhaul. Hearing other people‘s children crying to go home, not crying to stay, broke my heart.
And the 33-minute intermission I feel was not called for at all. It dragged on and on. And it astonished me how many people were leaving, and there were not as many people there as I remember in the years I was there. I don‘t know what they can do about this whole animal thing, but that‘s what kids want to see. I am scared to say if the circus keeps up like this, it will stop being an annual event. Jennifer De Franceschi Thunder Bay
• Re: Don‘t Support Animal Cruelty, Letter May 8
I attended this past week‘s Shrine Circus, so I thought I would let you know that there were no wild animals used during the circus.
There were only dogs and horses – both of which have been domesticated by man for centuries. All the dogs and horses were praised and patted throughout the performances, and I didn‘t get a sense that they were treated cruelly in any way.
The performers put on a great show, and there were only three acts in which animals were even used.
Cheryl Danielson Thunder Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN