THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Sunday, May 23, 2010

SAD NEWS FROM OHIO (FROM AARON HOSKINSON)

PAUL HOSKINSON

Hello Dick,

It's been a long time since I've spoken to you.

The last time we spoke was at the Pa convention in Hershey in about 1994 or 95.

I wanted to let you know that my father passed away this week.

He has been in failing health for some time now and just got worse these last couple of weeks. I'm not sure if you were at the convention the last year, but he was in a wheelchair then and had to have someone help him around.
Art Jennings (Sonny Dayze the clown), Mike Bishop (hypnotist), and Tiny Young (musician) gave wonderful eulogies at the service. Bob Habel from Middletown Grange Fair came out and also recanted some funny stories about working with my father. Art has been friends with my father for many, many years and delivered some very special words.
I have been looking up names of people that knew my father to let them know of his passing. I found your name on a blog entitled "Balloon Man." That's perfect!!! I noticed that you have some classic ad material of "Uncle Harry Albacker." You have brought back even more memories for me this week! Someone at the funeral home pulled out a "Grow Your Own Llama" business card that Harry made up for my father. They said they didn't know if planting the attached "llama" bean would grow a real llama and I told them "Uncle Harry would never print something if it wasn't true!" ;)
As I've said, I am contacting various people to let them know. Feel free to contact me at this e-mail address. I must admit, I'm not very diligent about checking my e-mail throughout the day, but I will get back with you.
Sincerely,Aaron P. Hoskinson


May 19, 2010 SEVILLE -- S. Paul Hoskinson, 64, of Seville, died Monday, May 17, 2010, at Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital, following a lengthy illness.
Paul was born Dec. 21, 1945, in Clarksburg, W.Va., the son of the late Edward and Ruby (Gibson) Hoskinson, and married Nancy Kissinger on Sept. 23, 1967. She survives.
He was a graduate of Norwayne High School and worked for the Wayne County Sheriff's Office prior to graduating from the Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science.
He had been a professional animal trainer and showman and was the founder of Animals of Distinction, which he owned and operated for 35 years. He was a part of many movies, commercials and shows throughout the country. He served several terms on Seville Village Council, having worked extensively on developing and enhancing the Seville Park Systems. He enjoyed his village politics and spending much time with his grandson, Samuel.
Surviving in addition to his wife, are sons, Aaron (Michele) Hoskinson of Smithville and Brandon Hoskinson of Seville; and a grandson, Samuel.
He was preceded in death by a brother, Lyle; an infant brother, and an infant sister.
Services will be Friday at 11 a.m. at Murray Funeral Home, 173 S. Main St., Creston, with burial in Seville Mound Hill Cemetery.
Friends may call Thursday from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. at the funeral home. Tributes may be shared at http://www.murray-funeral-home.com/.
Memorial contributions may be made to Seville-Guilford EMS, 181 Center St., Seville 44276; or Seville Parks, 120 Royal Crest Drive, Seville 44276.

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN