THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Wednesday, April 6, 2011

STAR CIRCUS PART 1, 1995 & 1996 (FROM BILL PRICKETT)


Byron Bowman, Ringmaster & Owner


While attending the Sarasota, Fl. Circus in Jan 1995, I was invited by my friends Joyce and Eddie Sherman (Clowns), who I had met on Great American Circus, to spend several days on the STAR CIRCUS, owned and produced by Byron Bowman. These photos were taken in Spring Hill and Chiefland, Fl. The show played in high school buildings, and the three days I was with them, I sold tickets. The jumps were short, all less than 40 miles. The schools allowed us to park on the grounds and use their electricity. I believe the show was on the road for about 12 weeks. It was a nice little show the appealed to the young crowds, and I enjoyed traveling with them meeting all the performers, and selling tickets. All photos by Bill Prickett



Byron & Pony Act


Joyce & Eddie Sherman


Rob Lang


Anita Seay, Web



Vickie Howle, Foot Juggling


MORE TO COME TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN