THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Tuesday, June 26, 2012



Traveling With Circus Props That Delight the T.S.A.


 
Posted by Picasa

Dragan
Allison Williams, owner of Aerial Angels.
By ALLISON WILLIAMS
from: nytimes.com
June 25, 2012 
I OWN Aerial Angels, a small circus company. We do everything from lavish corporate events to theater shows to street performing all over the world. We don’t ride on a train with elephants. We sit in the airport lounge, hoping our plane is on time. And like everyone else, we hope we get an upgrade
I do a whip-cracking act, breaking cigarettes from a colleague’s mouth and celery sticks from an audience member’s groin. That’s usually either a conversation stopper or starter. People are often amazed to find out that I’m a former college professor. I think sometimes they’re even more amazed when they find out I actually make as much money now as I used to make when I taught. The upside is that I don’t have to attend committee meetings. 


Even though I’m pretty friendly, I rarely talk to my seatmate. I usually just say, “Wake me,” or tell them not to be afraid to climb over me to get out of their seat. Nothing much bothers me. 


But once on the way to Amsterdam, the flight attendant recognized me, which led to a conversation with my seatmate. He was a Dutch pharmacist who had just lost his wife six months before, and we talked almost the whole flight. We’re still in touch, which is really nice and one of those cool things that can happen when you travel. 
read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/26/business/a-passengers-circus-props-delight-airport-security.html?_r=1

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN