THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Tuesday, September 4, 2012


Juggling faith, fun and family
 

'My faith is central to all that I do. I wear four hats - the ministries,educational programs, entertainment and speaking.' -
 Nels Ross Cremean
Sharon Cantillon / Buffalo News
By Jane Kwiatkowski, NEWS STAFF REPORTER
from:  buffalonews.com
Published:September 1, 2012,
Nels Ross Cremean calls himself a professional oddball, but he makes a living by making people smile. At age 40, he is a motivational speaker, juggler, comic and educator - not to mention a husband and father of five children, ages 11 to 19.Cremean, who lives in Clarence, grew up in Trumansburg, outside Ithaca in central New York. The son of a carnival performer and minister, Cremean is a faith-based man who started clowning as a mime in the 1980s.
 He studied math and theater at the University at Buffalo where he also earned a master's degree in education. You may have seen Cremean as a street performer at many of this summer's outdoor events. Humor and play are big in his world.
 People Talk: How did you celebrate your 40th birthday?
 Nels Ross Cremean: I played the whole day with my kids. We went out for a big pancake breakfast and then went to Darien Lake, and we stayed for a big Kingdom Bound celebration. That was my birthday. When I got there, the first thing I did was go on the Ride of Steel [roller coaster]. I kept my hands up the whole ride.
 PT: Have you led a funny life?
 NRC: Yes, when I think of all the crazy experiences we've had around the dinner table, my brothers and my mom, who was a mime and a fire eater. I would go to conferences and churches and libraries with my mom. I did more mime as a kid, but I can be serious. I try not to take myself too seriously.
 PT:What did you do for the circus?
 NRC: I traveled with a 24- member troupe called the Circus Kingdom. It was actually registered as a youth and family ministry. My faith is central to all that I do. I wear four hats - the ministries, educational programs, entertainment and speaking.
read more:
http://www.buffalonews.com/life/columns-advice/peopletalk/article1035225.ece


No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN