THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sunday Routine | Daniel Cyr
A Circus Performer Prepares for 5 Minutes of Paradise


from:  nytimes.com
By ALEX VADUKUL
November 23, 2012
Daniel Cyr, 46, performs in the Big Apple Circus’s new show, “Legendarium,” which is in New York until Jan. 13. A native of the Magdalen Islands in eastern Canada, Mr. Cyr is known for his act on the roue Cyr (Cyr wheel), a large, ring-like apparatus that he invented in 1996; he does feats while standing inside it, resembling Leonardo da Vinci’s Vitruvian man. During the run of the circus, he lives beside the Big Top in a trailer village with other performers in Damrosch Park at Lincoln Center. Sundays are always show days, but Mr. Cyr also finds time to relax off his wheel.
A TWO-SHOW DAY We have two shows on Sunday. The first is at 12:30 p.m., so I’ll wake up around 9 o’clock. I try to sleep always eight hours. We all have trailers here in the back. It’s really a different life than when you’re in Cirque du Soleil living in hotels. Here you’re much more independent.
 
 
Posted by Picasa
BREAKFAST TRADITION My breakfast in general is I take two bananas, whole-wheat toast, put peanut butter on the toast, cut the bananas one little chunk at a time, and put them on the toast. I eat four slices. And a glass of milk. I’m not a big coffee drinker. I’ve been having this breakfast for many years.
WARMING UP After that, I start to warm up in my trailer. I do stretches. I take this elastic band and I squeeze it into a cupboard door and I pull. It’s to warm up the shoulders.
read more:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/nyregion/daniel-cyr-prepares-precisely-for-big-apple-circus-routines.html

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN