THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Saturday, January 5, 2013

today's e-mail
Hi Dick,
My name is Nicole Zimmerman (formerly Valentine).  My ex-husband, Ray Valentine, and I had the Flying Valentines flying trapeze act on Circus Gatti, and numerous other shows, between 1991 and 1997.  I came across your wonderful Balloon Mann posts and saw pictures of people and acts from "back in the day" that brought back great memories, I loved seeing the pics of Lalo Murillo, Alex, Patti with Eric Braun, and especially the Sandou Troupe.  I couldn't remember the name of their act but have thought of them often because they were phenomenal.
I am wondering if you have any flying act or cradle pictures of us.  We were The Flying Valentines and also had two cradle acts that worked the same dates.  If you do, I'd love to see them.  I have a few grainy videos.  Wish I'd have converted those to CDs years ago!  Any pictures you might have would be great to see.  I did not do any power tricks, splitz across, layout, etc..  Mostly created wardrobe, choreography, etc.  I used to park our kids, then only toddlers, in the tunnels with a Shriner standing by so I could see them from the board.  Our daughter would stand by her stroller and do the choreography along with us.  I don't have many shots of us, so anything you could share would be appreciated.
Thanks again for posting such great stuff!
Nicole
p.s. Not sure how far back your circus background goes, but my step-dad was Big John Strong, who had a tent show for many years, and then stage shows before health problems slowed him down.  If you happen to have any pictures of his show, during the late 70's and 80's I'd LOVE to see those.  That was during my teen years; I did swinging ladder, web, dressage horse (a black and white paint) and assisted with whatever needed assisting.
 
A note from "The Balloonman"---
I sure would like to help this lady so if you have anything you
think she'd like to see please send it to me and I'll forward  it on to her.


No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN