THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Tuesday, February 24, 2009

CARNIVAL POSTERS

Tommy Leibel and "Nosey"



Hello Sir, I stumbled across your blog here about a month ago and really enjoy it. And was wondering if maybe you could help me remember this guys name, I meet him and his elephant back in the spring of 07, he had two his kids with him and his wife was back in Florida having another. My folks own a show up here in the Midwest and the circus pulled into one of our spot, so I walked down to their lot, just to watch how they do it and I met this guy, his kids and elephant. The way I understood it, he use to own that circus, but sold it to another guy, but still wanted to do his elephant act and help with the booking. But just wanted a name to go with the story, he was good people, I also met a lady,her husband and son, they owned the bear and of course I can't remember their name either. PS. I also enclosed a couple older show posters too.
Any other material you'd like to share we'd be only too happy to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN