THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP THIS LADY?

Dear Mr. Dykes, My name is Sarah Baraba - I write for ObituaryChicago.com, a news service affiliated with the Chicago Sun-Times. I am writing an obituary about Lloyd Fengel, who was a Midwestern circus musician, located in Illinois. I am contacting you because Mr. Fengel was a member of the Byrd Family Tent (as well as the Charlie Smith Tent #131 and Gollmar-Moeller-Ringling Tent #100), who you authored a blog post about. I am trying to reach anyone who was familiar with Mr. Fengel and could talk to me about his involvement in circus music and the community. Mr. Fengel also played with the Kelly Miller Circus Band, Mills Brothers, and Carson & Barnes bands over the years. Do you have any contact information for members of any of these tents or bands? Any help is greatly appreciated. You can reach me at (314) 221-2173 or sarahbaraba@gmail.com. Thanks in advance for your time and help, I really appreciate it. Sincerely, Sarah Barabawww.ObituaryChicago.com(314) 221-2173sarahbaraba@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN