THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Friday, May 25, 2012


WOODALL: Real magic at the circus in Hershey
CANDY WOODALL The YorkDispatch
05/24/2012 
I've always believed in a little magic.

And after a cross-state move, starting a new job, getting children acclimated to a new school system and learning to navigate York County, I was definitely in need of some enchantment.

So my husband, our three children and I set out for Hershey's Giant Center to see the opening night of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey's latest incarnation "Dragons." We expected tricks and treats, athleticism and acts of bravery, well-trained animals and whimsy.

I did not expect to have a large fountain drink spilled on me, someone else's toddler firing a sippy cup at my head, a tall gentleman (the same person who spilled the drink) behind me repeatedly kneeing me in the back of the head, or leaving the event with what is probably a broken toe (thank you, lady at the end of the row who decided to wear high heels to a circus).

But I've never been one to let a few mishaps spoil some magic.

The thing about talented performers is they make you forget what just happened because there's always something better to see.

read more:http://www.yorkdispatch.com/news/ci_20700437/real-magic-at-circus-hershey

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN