THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Cole Bros. Circus in Brunswick, Georgia
from: tracvelingaround.com



Watch the 2013 edition of the Cole Bros. Circus on its stopover in Brunswick, Georgia shot with the Sony WX50 Cybershot camera.
I have a special connection to the Cole Bros. Circus. Back in 1996 when I was a student at the Savannah College of Art and Design I created a documentary about the Clyde Beatty-Cole Bros. Circus entitled Under the Big Top as my senior project in the Video program there. I interviewed the ringmaster, tiger trainer, equestrian trainer, clowns, and the human cannonball. The documentary created a portrait of the circus that went beyond the glamour of the spotlight and showed the very human qualities of these performers that make the circus such a time-honored tradition. My fondest memories from this experience was the time I spent hanging out with the young clowns, most recent graduates of clown school, who even out-of-makeup were some of the funniest people I’d met in my life. This experience, inspired after reading fellow Savannah-native Bruce Feiler’s book Under the Big Top: A Season with the Circus, gave me a permanent love for the circus.

Thus I was very excited to pass this love for the circus down to my now four year old daughter so when I saw they were coming to town I had to get front row seats to the excitement.

The show started even before entering the Big Top. Out front the clowns were milling around providing photo opportunities and a chance to buy a show program. After taking advantage of a few photo opportunities we headed for the entrance where we picked up the tickets we reserved online and went inside and found our seats.
READ MORE:
http://travelingaround.com/cole-bros-circus-in-brunswick-georgia/

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN