THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Friday, June 14, 2013

RBBB-GOLD UNIT

Circus bringing three-ring fun to Cajundome



As circus ringmaster, David Shipman keeps the audience engaged and involved. / Submitted photo
from:  theadvertiser.com
by Megan Wyatt
Jun. 13, 2013
Lafayette,LA--David Shipman and Catherine Carden were fascinated by circus acts at very young ages — Shipman from the audience, Carden from inside the ring.
Now, they are the stars in the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey’s Fully Charged, Gold Edition, which hits the Cajundome June 27-30.
“My favorite part of the circus is being able to be in a position to where I can see the reaction of children. I remember what mine was like, and it’s like reliving mine every single time,” said Shipman, the show’s ringmaster.
Seeing the circus at the age of 2 ignited Shipman’s interest in the performing arts. Following college, Shipman got a 9-to-5 job but felt unfulfilled. It took a self-described “quarter-life crisis” to return to his love of performing.
Shipman learned he had missed auditions for the circus. He didn’t let that stop him, however, and called up Ringling Bros. directly to see if he could try out anyway. An hour later, he had a meeting set up with the producers.
 
Posted by Picasa
Cathy Carden is the animal trainer and presenter for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey's Gold Unit. / Submitted photos
“They made me sing, dance and at the end of my dance number, they told me to freestyle,” Shipman said. “I’m pretty sure I did a ‘whoop, whoop!’ somewhere and did the MC Hammer (dance). I think that solidified their interest in me because I wasn’t afraid to show my personality.”
One week later, Shipman signed a contract. His first show? Christmas Day.
“I keep the audience involved and engaged. I keep everybody excited,” Shipman said. “I also get to introduce what I consider now to be my family. I keep the show moving, and it’s like keeping a party going.”
read more:
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20130614/LIFESTYLE/306140008/Circus-bringing-three-ring-fun-Cajundome?nclick_check=1

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN