THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO MY TWIN BROTHER, BILL DYKES (1943-1995). WE WERE NOT ONLY BROTHERS BUT PARTNERS IN BUSINESS AND BEST FRIENDS! AND TO ALL THE "BUTCHERS" THAT HAVE PASSED ON TO THE BIG LOT IN THE SKY!


CIRCUS NOW OPEN!

2014 Convention

SAVE THE DATES

SAVE THE DATES



Sunday, June 23, 2013

IN THEIR SHOES: It takes 2 to tango ... but to juggle, too?

 
Posted by Picasa
Courtesy Virgile Peyramure / Big Apple Circus
Rona Mann tries the juggling tango with Menno van Dyke, who performs with his wife, Emily, in the Big Apple Circus. The circus runs through July 7 at Ninigret Park.

from:  thewesterlysun.com
By RONA MANN / Special to The Sun
June 22, 2013
Charletown,RI--Certain things you can count on. Certain things you look forward to.
Each year for me, it’s my wedding anniversary, the first baseball game of the new season, the Westerly Rotary Chowder Cook-Off, and it is absolutely, positively, and delightedly when the Big Apple Circus comes to town!
Actually, I’m luckier than most, because thanks to the front office at Big Apple, I get to embrace the magic in advance. Two months ago, I met up with the tour when it played Boston for an extended period of time, and once again, as I have for years, I had the privilege and sheer joy of going in their shoes.
It’s always a difficult decision as to which activity I’m going to undertake. Years ago, my life and health insurance companies strongly suggested I might want to stay away from any high-wire acts or flying trapezes. They didn’t have to ask twice. I heartily agreed. But each year when the Big Apple Circus offers alternative choices, it’s a difficult decision for me to make. This year, however, I was intrigued with the implausible prospect of juggling while doing the tango. I knew I had as much chance of learning that as I did geometry in 10th grade. I couldn’t believe anyone could tango and juggle at the same time. Ah, but I hadn’t yet met Emily and Menno.
read more:
http://www.thewesterlysun.com/news/in-their-shoes-it-takes-to-tango-but-to-juggle/article_25cf2c40-da99-11e2-ae17-001a4bcf887a.html

No comments:

Post a Comment


TO VISIT OUR PAST POSTS--SCROLL DOWN THE SIDE BAR. ALSO LINKS ARE FURTHER DOWN